Wednesday, September 1, 2010

September Player of the Month!!!! Christopher Robin Miller




Player Since: It's been a while... 2003?
Day Job:
Actor, Director
Hometown:
West Peabody, Massachussetts

Favorite thing about CSz: Wearing sweats on stage. SO COMFY!

When no one is looking you like to: Shower

Biggest Influences: The Muppets, Carol Burnette, Jack Lemmon



Best Advice for People who want to learn improv:

Don't try to be funny and SCENE DRILL!

What prior stage/performing experience did you have before joining ComedySportz

I have been a professional singer, actor and dancer for almost 3 decades before ComedySportz. I did a lot of Musical Theatre and some television as a young man.

I started studying improvisation in 1998 working with Lincoln Hoppe in The Garrens and thenThe Skinny Lincolns for about 5 years.


What brought you to Comedysportz?

We were grandfathered into CSz when Lincoln moved to LA.


It seems you always shine during the musical improvs. Do you have a background in music, play any instruments?

I play enough piano, guitar, bass, saxophone and drums to look like I know what I'm doing for about 5 minutes


Which musical game is your favorite?

Actually, Musical Chairs. It has the potential to be amazing or really suck!


People come see you at ComedySportz when they want to be entertained... what do you do to be entertained?

I like to speed-walk past old people and small children. It makes me feel superior.



Lots of the players here at ComedySportz are also involved in acting and film. Are you?

Yep.

When was your first inkling that you were funny?

I was always amazed at funny people. When I was young I used to just steal material from Sesame Street, Sony and Cher and SNL.

When I told somebody something that was really upsetting to me and they laughed,

I discovered that I just had to be real and most people will laugh at how ridiculous I am.

Have you ever been scared on stage?

I call that "That old familiar feeling."

Is there anything else you want us to know?

I like Gift certificates to The Cheesecake Factory. They're like prison money.


1 comment:

TEberhard said...

Christopher is a great actor, a funny man, and a super swell guy! Well deserved indeed.